Friday, April 18, 2014

Army Leaders and Mud Runs

I see more and  more soldiers and members of other services working as a team to conquer obstacles on mission. In fact, I served in the army and have always loved the "accomplish" the mission attitude. I'm seeing more and more of you on the mud run courses battling obstacle after obstacle and representing well. Army Strong is alive and well.

Here are some exercises to add to your daily dozen. Get your teams, squads or buddies together and ready to rattle some cages at your next race. Join our blog or Facebook pages for your daily dose of preparation.

Here's just a sample:
Ok, I decided enough was enough and started back to training in earnest. Since I did the Spartan Sprint Atlanta in 1:06, I decided to see how long the run portion might be. I did a 4.5 mile for personal record and made it in 33 minutes. Now I have a strategy on where to improve my time. I have to figure out how to break down training that shows 33 minutes for the run and 33 minutes for the obstacles. I know there are variables, but it's a start.

Obstacle 1-5 pull ups with leg lifts
Obstacle 2-5 chin ups with leg lifts
Obstacle 3-5 alternate grip pull ups with leg lifts

Run 4.5 miles
Obstacle 4-run up steep embankment
Obstacle 5-jump over obstacle
Obstacle 6-jump over obstacle

Obstacle 7-10 burpees
Obstacle 8-5 lunges on each leg
Obstacle 9-10 burpees
Obstacle 10-5 side lunges on each leg
Obstacle 11-10 burpees
Obstacle 12-30 air squats
Obstacle 13-5 pull ups with leg lifts
Obstacle 14-5 chin ups with leg lifts
Obstacle 15-5 alternate grip pull ups with leg lifts

Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment